Friday 13 January 2012

#7 The Creation

I am already on book seven, and it is only January 13.  At this rate I should have around 182 books read this year.  Not sure I can keep this pace though.

Having read a couple of E. O. Wilson's books on ants, I wanted to read something else of his, and this is the book I found.  Written as a very long epistle to a southern Baptist minister, Wilson argues for science and religion to work together to save earth from climate change and animals from extinction.  His science side of his arguments I quite enjoyed, but when simplified theology I felt he needed more guidance.  I don't normally suggest it, but in this instance I think a collaborative effort by Wilson and a theologian would have been nice.  It also would have been a much more convincing work, and more accepted by the audience he is most trying to reach, religious people.

I will read more of his books on entymology.  I am somewhat glad this book was short at 169 pages, but still not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. I should have #4 finished by the end of today, so you're ahead of me. Is this going to be a Tortoise and Hare kind of thing?

    ReplyDelete