Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ubik

At the beginning of the year I told myself I wouldn't read more than 7 science fiction books.  I am ready right now to say that limit was too low.  I think this is already number 4 or 5.  Also, I read this one probably 6 years ago and could not for the life of me remember what it was about, just vague impressions, but nothing substantial.

Glad I reread this little gem of a book.  I quite enjoyed that the book took place in half-life, or from cryogenically frozen minds.  It also had some good tension and horror as the characters were mysteriously dying throughout the book.  This is the closest PKD has come to horror.

There is something nice about completely forgetting a book and then getting to enjoy as though it was completely new the second time you read it.

One a side note.  Only two more weeks at Yellowstone, so I need to get as much reading done now as I know I will not get any done when in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment