Tuesday 28 February 2012

Tom Strong and his adventures in bad physics

I have been reading this Alan Moore comic series for the last month now (36 issues) and have read about Tom Strong, genius, travel between dimensions, time, and reality.  All of his adventures defy physics in some way or another, but still enjoyable reads.  I don't think the 'science' was meant to be taken seriously, but with such amazing theories out there like superstring theory, it could easily have been amazing and within the realm of possibility.  maybe I am missing the point.

I was hoping that Alan Moore would have written all of the issues, but about halfway through he stopped and various other writers picked up, though he did finish off the series by writing the last issues.  Which in a way tackles the scientific inaccuracies by ending the world and exposing Tom to reality.  I was kind of clever.  Next up is Gaimen's Sandman.

No comments:

Post a Comment