Thursday 16 February 2012

Naked lady covered in blood is my new title for...

I read this mainly because somewhere I heard that Kill Bill was partially based off of this, and also that Kazuo Koike is supposed to be the manga god in Japan.  Yes, there are a lot of similarities between this and Kill Bill, but some stuff I wasn't expecting.  For example: Many of the episodes in the four volumes of this 800+ page manga end with the heroine naked and covered in blood.  Actually many of the episodes eventually result in the heroine naked at some point.  I can't forget lesbian sex either.  This was all really surprising from a graphic novel made in 1973-74.  But then I did a little research, meaning I went to WIKI, and read that this was published in the Japanese Playboy, so go figure.

Despite writing to his audience there is much in the way of story that I enjoyed, such as the revenge aspect, and that this was a historical piece taking place in the late 1800s Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment