Monday 17 September 2012

Barely making it

I am barely keeping up with schoolwork right now and yet I somehow found time to indulge in comic book reading.  Over the weekend I read all 26 issues of Grant Morrison's Animal Man and enjoyed it all.  The eponymous hero is on a quest to find out who he is, and it turns out he is a comic book character.  This reminded me a lot of Man in the High Castle by P.K.D. in that the main characters learn they are creations of a writer.  In Animal Man's case he actually gets to meet Morrison in a hilarious exchange that ranks in my funniest moments in comics chart.  I am appreciating Morrison more and more, especially as he took PKD's theme and enhanced it with humor, and explanations using physics and reality.  I can't wait to tackle the Invisibles.

1 comment:

  1. Looks excellent. You have to read for yourself sometimes or you'll go nuts.

    ReplyDelete