Tuesday 4 September 2012

#72 Church and State I

So I have started school now, and contrary to logic am reading less full books than I normally do.  But one I recently finished is the first epic part of Church and State, which follows Cerebus as he becomes high Pope and uses his unlikely position to divinely threaten his new found flock with destruction and apocalypse.  Quite funny, even as it pokes fun at the infallibility of the Catholic Pope, this satire is light hearted and non-threatening.  As I continue to read about Cerebus the more I am convinced Dave Sims is one of the finest comic writers of this generation.  I have just moved him above Stan Lee and Grant Morrison.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you'd fallen into the black hole of graduate school and couldn't get up. Glad to be wrong.

    ReplyDelete