Wednesday 3 August 2011

#43 The Inner Reaches of Outer Space

imgres.jpeg118 pages.

I borrowed this short book from a friend so I had to resist the urge to underline and highlight.  And there is always something to underline, but the margins were small, so my temptation to write notes and comments was at least smothered.

In July I had read volume one of Masks of God, and after starting this book one of my more immediate thoughts was, "oo soon."  I should have waited another month before starting another book by Campbell.  Some of the ideas in here are repeats from Primitive Mythology.  Not that that is bad, it is not, but it made my interest in the book wane slightly.  But it was an easy read, and a short one at that.  I don't much feel like going into the details of the book, so I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment