Saturday 30 July 2011

#42 Much Ado About Nothing

Its that time of the summer where the Montana Shakespeare Company comes to Gardiner.  They put up their makeshift stage and perform a comedy or on of the lighter tragedies.  Like every sumer, they performed in Arch Park, just outside the entrance to Yellowstone.  This particular scene is Benedict running after Beatrice, the two main funny characters in the play.  The funniest is of course Dogberry.  This performance decided to change the locale from Messina, Italy to Charleston, SC during the Civil War.  OK, it works with the spirit of the play, but it does take some getting used to the affected accents. I did manage to get a little burned by the intense sun as I sat out on the park lawn for just over two hours.  I enjoyed the performance and I am going to try and make an effort to watch Merchant of Venice at Chico Hot Springs in a couple of weeks.  Which means I am going to have to read that play too, as I do before I watch any Shakespeare play.

No comments:

Post a Comment