Thursday 10 January 2013

What You See Is What You Get (wysiwyg)

It snowed about 6 inches today, so I was locked in all day.  But thankfully UPS delivers in all sorts of crazy weather.  Around 1pm today I received a package from Amazon containing this book about a prolific hacker.  I could not put it down today, well I did have an intermission for dinner and Inception.  But I picked it back up and finished it today.  Nearly 300 pages and just over four hours of reading here I am.  Piskor often details the steps that Kevin (hacker) takes when he was phreaking, or taking on new identities.  While reading I was wondering if some of these hacks still work.  I probably won't try and get a dead person's birth certificate, but it was fun reading about past hacks.  Though the main character did feel distant and without much personality.  So when he is being brutalized in prison I found myself not really caring about him.

This was a nice independent graphic novel.  I must remember to keep my eyes on the small publishers.

3 comments:

  1. Seeing! Wanting!
    I read a graphic novel this week. I needed a break from Les Mis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Snowman by Milo Manara.

    ReplyDelete