Monday 23 July 2012

Tar Sands

Now I know what all those Albertans were talking about when they mentioned the tar sands.  I gathered that the tar sands were bad, but I really had no concept of how bad and why.  Thanks to Nikoforuk I had an idea of how poor a idea it is to be destroying our planet for oil.  Like his Empire of the Beetle, which I read last summer, this book covers all negative factors of the problem.  He keeps piling on more and more terrible affects of tar sands on the local population, environment, government, and workers.  This is a frightening book.  And unlike Empire of the Beetle, this book had relatively few typos making it an easier read, though he did have some suspect sentences in here.  I must say that I quite enjoy this journalist, and though I'm not taking the Canadian writer challenge, I think this puts me at 3 Canadian books this year, if we can include Cerebus.

I recommend this writer for the information he gives, though his style of writing, I feel, is poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment