Friday 15 April 2011

#22

Did my own little reading marathon on the long plane ride from England.  I started and finished The Adventure of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, 225 pages.  I enjoyed that book, mostly because some of the little adventures were humorous and some of the satire was pretty spot on.  This book resonated a little for me, as I grew up in the south (Arkansas) and went into caves and was constantly into mischief of some sort.  If I had to pick a literary character I was most like as a kid it would be Sawyer, but this is an imperfect association.  Anyways, I plan on finding more Twain books to read this this long summer ahead.  I'm looking for The Gilded Age next.

2 comments:

  1. Did I tell you that I'm going to try to make it to Hannibal this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be fun. I'm trying to think if there is anything literary from Wyoming or Montana. I guess I could read Brokeback Mountain.

    ReplyDelete