Saturday 5 November 2011

#72 The Wyrd Sisters

265 pages.

It has been a long while since my last post.  October has been a terrible month for reading.  Not that the opportunities were missing, I had all the time to read.  Rather, I just played games and watched TV.  I'm hoping November proves a better month.  But I am starting to fear that I will not reach 100, but will at least reach 80, maybe even 90.

Anyways...Another fine book by Pratchett that is a cross between Hamlet, Macbeth, and every other Shakespeare play and their conventions.  I wouldn't say it was a parody, and parody has taken on such terrible association as Date Movie, Scary Movie 3 and 5, and Disaster Movie, which shamelessly call themselves parody or even (gasp) satire.  Pratchett weaves a nice story where the characters manage to be loveable and also eschew dramatical conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment